Monday, August 8, 2011

Tim Signing Out

Hey Everyone!

This will be my last blog so hear we go! Today we had a full day in the beautiful city of Rome. We started with the Colosseum which despite being in ruins was still an amazing structure considering it was built about 2000 years ago. It was very easy to imagine the crowds roaring to the fighting of the gladiators.
Next after about an hour searching in the heat (did I mention Rome is hot?!?) we found the Roman Forum, whose greatest feature was the free water.
Later we ventured to the Trevi Fountain (which was beautiful) but before we stopped for gelato! Italy's gelato is the best yet! After we stopped for a cheap but delicious Italian lunch. We ventured to the Pantheon and saw the tomb of the artist Raphael.
Afterwards we went up to the top of Castle Saint Angelo, which had an amazing view of Rome, but Daniel and Maria complained the whole way up ;).
We went to the vigil at St. Peters so Daniel finally got his mass at the Vatican! There were 14 Priest, 6 Bishops, and 3 Cardinals residing! By chance we ventured into the crypt after mass and venerated Pope Paul VI!

We made it back to the hostel and had a great free dinner, while meeting lots of people!

So I have to say that this trip has been absolutely amazing and easily my favorite summer in my life thus far. Daniel, Maria, and I have learned a lot about each other and how to live with one other (sort of). I want to thank our parents for making this trip possible and providing support a long the way. Anyways I love you Daniel and Maria and I will never forget the memories we formed. Dont have too much fun without me!

This is Tim signing out!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your friendships have bonded and that you had a great time! That is what it is really all about! Wonderful that you had the best summer of your life! I am so happy for you! See you hopefully at Thansgiving Tim! With Love, Grant and Missy

    ReplyDelete