Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I am now back at home in Spring, TX sitting in my bed, and am in total disbelief that this is all over. Daniel and I had such an adventure coming home yesterday, mostly because I am a sick as a dog and Daniel had to constantly take care of me. Momma Daniel did such a great job:-) I am indeed incredibly happy I have antibiotics and my family's TLC now. After two long flights and customs, we ran to baggage claim where we knew our families would be waiting. Seeing everyone was like getting a cold glass of water after an entire day of thirst. It was so weird to leave Daniel after having been with him non-stop for an entire month. But we indeed did depart, and the TresAmis Trip offically came to a close. By the time I got home it was 4am Europe time, and I felt very sick and very exhausted. After giving my family their gifts, I knew I needed to get to bed fast. Much to my dismay, my nose started bleeding uncontrollably. It bled for so hard and for so long, I had to go to the EMERGENCY ROOM!! So I was, just home from Europe and off to the emergency room. In the end, they finally got it to stop, and gave me medicine for my sore throat/ear infection/ intense sinus infection/ cough. ...Yay! Thank you so much to my family and Gared for taking care of me.
So if you rewind to our last day in Rome, it was very relaxing. We woke up early to see if I would feel good enough to make it to Assisi, and unfortunately I wasn't feeling so hot at all, so we just stayed in the whole day. We ventured out to the pharmacy in the morning, and went to the market to get some yummy pasta and vegetables to make for lunch in our hostel. After I took a VERY long nap, and Daniel just relaxed until it was time for dinner. Courtsey of my parents, we had a LOVELY last dinner at our cute little Italian cafe. Daniel had the most amazing Spaghetti and clams in butter sauce! After, we made a trek over to the Trevi fountain to see it in all of its glory at night, while enjoying one last gelato.
Daniel, Tim, and I had so much fun. Our personalities were so amusing together. Tim and I butt heads, but at the same time had so many funny moments. Daniel and Tim are so alike and loved competition and good ol' fun. Daniel and I both love France, that's enough for me to be great friends with anyone:-) And it all culminates in the fact that all three of us love to see the world and experience it's richness. This trip has shown me many new things, but most importantly, it has reinforced who I am and who I was before I left for Madrid. It has inspired me to see the rest of this amazing planet. God, nature, food, photos, epic architecture, people, and the exhilaration of travel have made this experience unforgettable. I would do it again in a heartbeat. This is Maria, checking out:-)

Thanks to everyone who read our blog it really means so much to us. All the rest of the pictures from our trip will be on facebook today!

2 comments:

  1. Tres Amis, We are happy you had a wonderful experience back packing in Europe and experiencing all that this part of the world has to offer and at the same time your great appreciation for home where ever home is for you as it may be college now or Spring or soon to be college in 9 days. All the while you have been on your adventure Know that you have been in our constant prayers and I want to thank you for your prayers while you visited some of the most holy saints and places on earth. We have felt them tremendously and know they have had an enormous impact on you as well. So here is the rhetorical question that I leave you with before my sign off....what do you do with all the broadening of the
    life experiences you have gained over the last 30 days?
    Daniel, on August 14 as a friendly reminder it is the feast day of Saint Max your
    confirmation saint, so celebrate big! With Love, Dad and Mom Aka Mr. Grant and Ms. Missy

    ReplyDelete