Sunday, August 7, 2011

Roma, Italia

Hi everyone!! I feel like its been a while since I got a really good blog entry in!! I do believe Tim wrote one yesterday, especially since it was his last day, but somehow it didn't get posted. Hopefully he will be able to repost it when he is aafe an sound in the United States. I must say yesterday was soo incredibly epic, and its going to be such a great blog entry.
This morning, very early, Tim set off to catch his flight back home. We were soo sad to see him go!!! Daniel and I only have 2 more days on this beautiful continent, one of which will be spent in San Giovanni Rotondo, and the other in Assisi!! They are both going to be incredible.
Today Daniel and I had fun going to smaller churches throughout Rome. Its amazing how in Rome, art is not kept in museums, it totally belongs in the churches. We had a long list of churches we wanted to visit. The first one was beautiful and we soent so much time sitting in the pew, admiring the frescoed ceilings and larger than life statues of saints. The second...third..and forth churches wetent so sucessful. We figured out later then sooner that they all close between noon and 4pm. Nevertheless, we took a long pizza and gelato break, and then got right back to it. We saw five more churches that BLEW my mind, becausr they wete all filled with art that I studied in my art history class. There were sculptures by Michaelangelo and dramatic paintings by Caravaggio everywere!! I loved praying with all of this artwork, it was glorious!!
We finished the night at the most amazing cheap Italian restaurant, and I definitely had the most amazing spaghetti of my LIFE!!! We had bruchettes for an appitizer, and tiramiseu for dessert all for soo cheap!! Whoo!!
Were so excited to see Tims confirmation saint tomorrow, but were sad we have to go without him!!!


Loveeeee!!!! TheTresAmis

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie, what an amazing day indeed! It blows my mind how you have such a great appreciation for all the churches and your thirst to see and learn more! I would have thought at This point that you would be exhausted and tired but I think you have become the energiser bunny there in Europe! My selfish Mom side cannot wait for you to come home but realize that this is just the start of your life being yours and not ours. One thing for sure is that we are very proud of you Maria! It takes amazing courage to have done this trip! Enjoy the last few days...then we will see you a week and then off to Aggieland!!!! Wow! See you very soon! Big Hug and Big Love, Dad and MOM

    ReplyDelete